Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

About as Cliche as it Gets

Starting a new blog in the first week of the new year, resolving to stick with it, writing about fitness...cliche. The good news is, I like cliches. I mean, why not use the New Year as a starting point to better yourself? Call me cheesy, but I love the idea of people making resolutions and looking into their immediate future with optimism.

To my credit, however, this blog has been in the making before this week and my resolutions started over a month ago. It was not the New Year causing me to evaluate my life and my attitude, but rather the deployment of my husband. There is something about the one person I rely on day in and day out leaving for over six months that made me take stock of "me". It was time for me to do something for ME. And, as it turns out, doing something for me has also benefited my entire family.

My relationship with the gym, with food and with my own body has been all over the board. I went from being an athlete in high school to letting my workout habits fall by the wayside in college to crash dieting & frantic gym visiting for my wedding to getting pregnant, gaining too much weight, losing some of it, getting pregnant again, losing all of it and more, but still feeling "squishy" and TIRED to finally realizing that there is no quick fix and my lifestyle had to change all in one decade.

I am documenting my new love affair with fitness for two reasons. 1.) To keep myself accountable. I need the reminder to stay on track just as much as everyone else. And 2.) To hopefully help and inspire you! I can not promise that every post will be this optimistic. Let's face it, with a two and half year old and an almost one year old, and a deployed husband there will be tough days. And I promise to be real with you here. I will not sugar coat how tough it can be to get off my butt and into my running shoes on some days. Come with me on my journey for a healthy 2011, for better or worse!

2 comments:

Linsey said...

I am behind you 100% and we can definitely help keep one another motivated whether near or far. I'm proud of you!

Jennifer Riedel said...

I am so proud of you too!!

Post a Comment