Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mixing fitness and fashion. WHAT?

So, a friend of mine made the comment that she too works out at nap time in her house and as a result wears workout clothes most days all day long (Hi, Tarin!). I had to laugh. I can totally relate. There have been many days like this for me as well. I have noticed, however, that I feel better on days that I am "put together". Motherhood has definitely changed my version of put together, but it did not change the fact that I like to have some makeup on my face and cute shoes on my feet.

So, as my (rather large) collection of beautiful (insanely high) heels sit in my closet and collect dust, I have come up with ways to look and feel put together on a daily...okay, maybe not daily...let's say most daily basis. One of my little tricks is making my workout clothes pull double duty. You can find me at the grocery store in workout clothes often, but you wouldn't necessarily know it because I wear them like regular pieces of my wardrobe.

The day I read Tarin's comment was the perfect example. My running tights were doubling as leggings and I just threw some easy pieces over them to make my outfit feel complete. Perfect mom solution: easy, quick and comfy! Sure it would have looked better with an iron and a hairbrush, but hey, at least I am not that mom running errands in huge sweat pants and stained t-shirts, right?!?




Running tights: Lululemon wunder under crop
Tunic: Old Navy chambray tunic (old, but similar here)
Jacket: Liquid (aslo a few years old)
Scarf: A little gem mama put in my stocking!
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Baby Groovee satchel
Boots: Miz Mooz Isben (I bought these guys on hautelook.com for half price! Love!)
And I am not often without my gold wings...gotta keep the hubs close to my heart!

Do you ever use your workout clothes as part of other outfits? Am I the only crazy that thinks this is okay?

Small disclaimer: I am not knocking other mom's who do not get up and put on a face full of makeup every day, or head out of the house in lounge clothes. That is me sometimes. I have just noticed how much more ME I feel when I make the effort and thought a few easy tips could help other mamas. 

2 comments:

Noelle Marie said...

indeed. gotta love the post work out hair option too... "sexy messy look" that i just spray up, pull and tease and whalaa... who wants to wash hair twice anyway?

may leggings never go out of style... mine can currently be three fold functional: quick cardio, fast fix dress up and an extra layer in these cold winter months!

Jess said...

Amen to leggings never going out of style! And if they do, I may have to reevaluate my desire to be a fashionable mama and wear them anyway!

Post a Comment