Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wrangling the Girls

Did you guys know you can actually do some serious damage to your bod by wearing a sports bra that does not provide enough support? Well, I obviously didn't because I have been wearing cheapo sports bras from Target for as long as I can remember. And, let's be honest, my chest is not small.

I don't know why I have never invested in a good sports bra. I guess it is easier plunking down a chunk of change for a pretty lace number that it is for an ugly, plain athletic one. But if you think about it, it's probably even more important to wear a quality bra while working out than it is any other time. I came to this realization after an unfortunate running incident that involved my less-than-supportive Champion bra creeping up above my boobies around mile 2. Ummmm, not where is is supposed to be. I cannot believe I am writing this on the internet, but I'm telling you people...get a good bra before this happens to you!

I took the plunge yesterday and got two quality bras, and I am happy to report my run today was gloriously bounce free :) I am so glad I did this because, guess what? I (along with 80% of women) was wearing the wrong size bra! It is crucial to go and get fitted, especially if you have had kids and especially, especially if you have nursed said kids. My bra size went down (wooohooo!) since having my kiddos.

Incase you are on the hunt too, here are the bras I got. The Lululemon 50 Rep Bra and a Moving Comfort Fiona Bra. I got the first in black because even I am boring like that sometimes and the second I let my one year old pick the color, purple...mama's girl!! So far I am in love, but I think after years of the wrong bra anything with a little support would be amazing. I will post reviews after I have the chance to really put them to the test

...and put them to the test, I will...uhhhh, with a HALF MARATHON in March! More details about that insane decision soon :)

Anyone have a favorite, supportive sports bra?

1 comments:

The Greunkes said...

I have never been blessed with a big chest ha ha....oh some day! ;-) Until then, I am happy with my small pathetic chest because it does make running less cumbersome in that regard. As for that half...YOU CAN DO IT! You'll feel amazing after and who knows...you may even want to run another! :-)

Post a Comment